The Administrative Department of the Andalusia Utilities Board oversees the daily operations of customer service and account billings. Every month over 9,000 meter readings are collected to accommodate a four-cycle billing schedule. Customer service representatives are available to assist with the connection of new services, provide information on our products and services and to process utility payments for over 5,000 customers. Our office also provides dispatch service for electric, water and sewer personnel when you encounter problems with your utility services. Do you need information on a new service or help with your existing service? Call us, we are here to help you.
Application for Service
A credit history is requested through OnLine Utility Exchange on all water and electrical customers prior to connection of any service. The deposit amount is based on the credit score of each customer. Any customer requesting that a credit report not be used will be charged the maximum deposit for each service. All deposits will be refunded to the customer upon termination of the service and complete settlement of all billings.
Residential Service Deposits
Electric - Deposit amounts range from $0 - $350 based on credit rating.
Water - Deposit amounts range from $0 - $50 based on credit rating.
Commercial Service Deposits
Electric - Deposit amounts may range from $250 to three times highest monthly usage of the account's history based upon owner's credit rating.
Water - Deposit Amounts range from $0 - $50 based on credit rating.
- Service Connect.....$25
- Transfer Service......$30 - Plus current bill
- Reconnect............... $40 - $60 after 3:00 PM
- Returned Check.....$32
- Late Payment..........5%
Payment Policy and Options
Each bill is due when rendered and shall become delinquent if not paid on or before the due date. Delinquent accounts will be charged a penalty in the amount of five percent (5%) of current billing. Services may be terminated until the delinquent account is paid in full. Failure to receive a bill does not void penalties for late payment and cut-off.
- Drive-thru Window
- Bank Draft
- After Hours Drop Box
- Credit/Debit Card Payments
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
This program is administered by the Organized Community Action Program (OCAP) and is a federally funded program designed to help low-income households with their home energy bills. Applications for assistance are accepted at the Covington County OCAP office located at the USDA building, Alabama Highway 55 By-Pass, Andalusia, AL. The Andalusia Utilities Board accepts all OCAP payment vouchers.
Project Share is a service project to help Alabamians with relief on their energy bills and is administered by the American Red Cross. The Andalusia Utilities Board accepts and forwards donations to the American Red Cross. Your Project Share contribution is tax deductible.
If you would like to know more about the American Red Cross and Project Share, please click on the following links:
Before reporting an electric service interruption, please check the following:
- See if your neighbors have electricity.
- Check your home's electric service panel (fuses or circuit breakers) to see if the electric service interruption is inside the home.
- If the problem appears to be with Andalusia Utility Board's lines, call 222-1332 during normal business hours and after hours. An electric line technician is available 24 hours a day and will be dispatched promptly.
Water Pressure and Quality
Call 222-1332 during normal business hours and after hours if you experience problems with water pressure or quality. An Andalusia Utilities Board water service technician is available 24 hours a day and will be dispatched promptly.
Touchstone Energy Home Program
With a high priority on energy efficiency, The Andalusia Utilities Board seeks to recognize customers who strive to make their homes more energy-efficient. The TOUCHSTONE ENERGY HOME PROGRAM ensures that the customer has the most energy-efficient home that will offer benefits for years to come. Click here to browse the Touchstone Energy Home website to further evaluate the benefits of the Touchstone Energy Home.
- Lower Utility Bills - As a result of higher construction standards and energy efficient materials, customers can expect to pay considerably less on their home utility bill.
- Increased Comfort - Drafts and temperature gradients that normally plague homes are virtually eliminated with the construction techniques used.
- Higher Resale Value - Better constructed homes typically hold their value and are worth more in the resale marketplace.
- Energy Efficiency Mortgages - According to the National Association of Realtors, lenders are now looking closely at the projected utility costs for a home in determining whether a prospective homeowner can afford both the monthly mortgage and utility payments.