THE CITY OF ANDALUSIA
The City is accepting applications for full time Police Officers in the Police Department. The employee is responsible for delivery of traditional police patrol services. Answers calls for police service, provides preventative patrol, observes for violations of laws and ordinances, performs preliminary investigations of crimes, and serves as protector of life and property. Responsible for responding to calls relayed by dispatcher including domestic disputes, assaults, burglaries, traffic accidents, and others. Responsible for patrolling an assigned area of the city by motor vehicle. Conducts field interviews and follow up investigations which include protecting crime scenes. Gathers evidence and information and notifies appropriate personnel. Testifies, researches, and presents evidence in court proceedings; completes reports; apprehends, arrests, and processes offenders. May be assigned special duties.
QUALIFICATIONS: Any combination of training and/or experience equivalent to:
- It is strongly desired applicant be Alabama Peace Officer’s Standards and Training Commission Certified. Any applicant not APOST certified must successfully complete the required aptitude test.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work overtime and non-standard hours, weekends and holidays.
- Possess a valid Alabama Driver’s License.
- Ability to re-certify in firearms on a biannual basis.
- May be required to become Breath Testing Certified, ACJIS Certified, Doppler Radar Certified, and CPR Certified.
- It is preferred that the applicant should be proficient in computer terminology and operation. This should include a proficiency in Office 2000, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Willing to submit to extensive pre-employment tests to include physicals, drug screens and criminal background checks.
ANNUAL ENTRY SALARY RANGE: Based on Experience and Certifications
The City of Andalusia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested and qualified individuals may complete an application online at www.cityofandalusia.com. Applications may be picked up, completed off-site and returned to:
CITY OF ANDALUSIA
ANDALUSIA CITY HALL
HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT
505 EAST THREE NOTCH STREET
ANDALUSIA, AL 36420
Qualified applicant will be hired upon final certification; application process will remain open until positions are filled.
"AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER"