THE UTILITIES BOARD OF THE CITY OF ANDALUSIA
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator
The Utilities Board is accepting applications for two (2) Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators in the Wastewater Department. Under the general direction of the Wastewater Treatment Chief Operator, the employee operates and maintains a wastewater treatment plant in accordance with accepted standards and regulations. Work includes obtaining and restoring wastewater for reuse according to ADEM and EPS regulations, ensuring proper and efficient operation of a wastewater facility, and interacting with ADEM or EPA concerning emergencies or improper operation of facility. The employee will also record activities and information concerning the operation of the facility, operate machinery and equipment, and assist other departments as needed. Work is normally performed independently, however, work assignments are received and reviewed by the Wastewater Treatment Chief Operator.
QUALIFICATIONS: Any combination of training and/or experience equivalent to:
- Graduation from a standard high school or equivalent.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license as issued by the Alabama Department of Public Safety.
- Working experience in the field of wastewater operation.
- Possession of a Grade III Wastewater Certification issued by the Alabama Department of Environmental Management.
- Possession of a commercial driver’s license, Class B.
- May be required to work nonstandard hours and/or in excess of 40 hours.
ANNUAL ENTRY SALARY RANGE: Based on experience
Job includes an excellent benefit package to include: Alabama State retirement, supplemental retirement plan, life insurance, medical insurance, paid holidays and vacation/sick leave.
Interested and qualified individuals may complete an application online at www.cityofandalusia.com. Applications may be picked up, completed off-site and returned to:
CITY OF ANDALUSIA
ANDALUSIA CITY HALL
HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT
505 EAST THREE NOTCH STREET
ANDALUSIA, ALABAMA 36420
Qualified applicant will be hired upon final certification; however, no applications will be accepted after March 5, 2021.
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"