THE UTILITIES BOARD OF THE CITY OF ANDALUSIA
Wastewater Laboratory Technician
The Utilities Board is accepting applications for the position of Wastewater Laboratory Technician in the Wastewater Department. Under the direction of the Wastewater Operations Manager, the employee performs technical work involving laboratory analysis and process control. Maintains related records and performs clerical activities related to office. May also act as Assistant Wastewater Operations Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS: Any combination of training and/or experience equivalent to:
- Coursework in chemistry or related fields.
- Specialized course in computers.
- Possess a valid driver’s license as issued by the Alabama Department of Public Safety.
- Certified as a Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator.
- Willing to work nonstandard hours and more than 40 hours per week.
- Ability to drive a vehicle.
ANNUAL ENTRY SALARY RANGE: Based on experience
Job includes an excellent benefit package to include: Alabama State retirement, supplemental retirement plan, life insurance, medical insurance, paid holidays and vacation/sick leave.
Interested and qualified individuals may complete an application online at www.cityofandalusia.com. Applications may be picked up, completed off-site and returned to:
CITY OF ANDALUSIA
ANDALUSIA CITY HALL
HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT
505 EAST THREE NOTCH STREET
ANDALUSIA, ALABAMA 36420
Qualified applicant will be hired upon final certification; however, no applications will be accepted after March 5, 2021.
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"