THE CITY OF ANDALUSIA
The City of Andalusia is accepting applications for a full-time Firefighter in the Fire Department. Under general direction of the Lieutenant, the employee performs fire-fighting work in combating, extinguishing, and preventing fires and operating fire-fighting apparatus. The employee is responsible for the protection of life and property through fire fighting activities. The work requires performance of hazardous tasks under emergency conditions, which may involve strenuous exertion under such handicaps as smoke and cramped surroundings. The employee also spends time in continued training, inspection and maintenance of equipment, and in cleaning and maintaining quarters. Work is normally performed in accordance with well-defined procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS: Any combination of training and/or experience equivalent to:
- Applicant must be CPAT Certified to be considered.
- Graduation from a standard senior high school or equivalent.
- Possession of a valid driver's license as issued by the Alabama Department of Public Safety.
- Must meet minimum standards for Firefighter personnel as established by Alabama Law (State of Alabama Act No. 863, Section 7, 1975, Regular session).
- Ability to travel to attend workshops.
- Ability to wear appropriate uniforms and safety equipment.
- Ability to work 24-hour shifts and be on call when required.
ANNUAL ENTRY SALARY RANGE: $ 25,916.80 -- $ 27,580.80
Job includes an excellent benefit package to include: Alabama State retirement, supplemental retirement plan, life insurance, medical insurance, paid holidays and vacation/sick leave.
Interested and qualified individuals may complete an application online at www.cityofandalusia.com or contact:
CITY OF ANDALUSIA
ANDALUSIA CITY HALL
HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT
505 EAST THREE NOTCH STREET
ANDALUSIA, AL 36420
Qualified applicant will be hired upon final certification; however, no applications will be accepted after October 27, 2020.
"AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER"