THE CITY OF ANDALUSIA
The City of Andalusia is accepting applications for one (1) position for Communications Officer. Employee is responsible for receiving and evaluating calls from the public concerning crimes, fires, and medical emergencies. Specific duties include: evaluating calls for proper action; initiating Police and/or Fire response by obtaining information required for dispatching field units; and entering data into a computer as it is being received and maintaining constant radio contact with mobile units. Calls and messages include routine reports, referral information, and emergency calls for assistance or service from citizens and public safety personnel. Work involves the responsibility of operating equipment to receive and/or respond to emergency and non-emergency requests for assistance/information. The nature of this work requires the exercising of initiative, using independent and sound judgment in handling emergency situations and the ability to function calmly under extreme stress in potential life threatening situations.
QUALIFICATIONS: Any combination of training and/or experience equivalent to:
- Graduation from a standard high school, including or supplemented by completion of standard typing courses.
- Possess a valid Alabama driver’s license as issued by the Alabama Department of Public Safety.
- Certified or possess the ability to obtain NCIC certification.
- Ability to work non-standard hours; which may include overtime or alternate hours.
- Certified or possess the ability to obtain certification as a Communication Officer.
- Must maintain a valid telephone number.
- Successful completion of required pre-employment tests as administered by the appointing authority.
ANNUAL ENTRY SALARY: $20,963 - $24,736
Interested and qualified individuals may complete an application online at www.cityofandalusia.com or contact:
CITY OF ANDALUSIA
ANDALUSIA CITY HALL
HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT
505 EAST THREE NOTCH STREET
ANDALUSIA, AL 36420
Qualified applicant will be hired upon final certification; however, no applications will be accepted after September 25, 2018.
"AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER"